I've recently heard from the City of Erie and Millcreek that the pickleball nets at Baldwin, Zuck, and Asbury will be coming down soon. No firm date, but was told by mid-November. If there is a beautiful fall day after that time, taking your own portable net would be an option. It's hard to believe that our first outdoor season with multiple new courts is coming to a close! It was a very proud feeling for EPPA members to see these dreams come to a reality.
The EPPA Board has always been very diligent about making sure funds are allocated to support pickleball in the Erie area. With the addition of Erie Gives Day this year, we were able to raise more money to benefit local players. Recent purchases that were made:
- All of the court upkeep items (Squeegees, brooms, locks) for Baldwin and Zuck.
- In the spring, these items will also be added to Asbury Park
- New netting for Church of the Cross nets
- New pickleballs for Church of the Cross
- Westwood Racquet Club donated a rolling Pickle Net to COTC and EPPA bought Westwood a new Swift Net to use for larger tournaments
- Not a tangible item, but all EPPA members played for half-price in the Memorial Shootout in October
Have an idea for needed items (within reason)? Fill out this Wish List
form and the Board will review items on a regular basis.
Around the Post Shootout Results
Many EPPA members battled it out at the first official Around the Post Shootout! The games were fun and the lounge (and parking lot) were packed. Check out the results (Click Here
) to see if any of your pickleball friends made it to the top TWO spots, as no bronze medal was awarded for this event.