Saturday, October 14 Memorial Shootout
Some notes if you plan to come cheer on your friends.
As the weekend approaches, the forecast continues to look dismal. When watching the weather yesterday, Saturday was referred to as a “super soaker”. Plans have been in the works to move the tournament indoors for over a week and it’s been a logistical puzzle. We have secured all 4 brand new courts at Around the Post
(attached to Westwood Racquet Club
, 2660 Zuck Road). We have also been able to book some of Westwood’s tennis courts that will be lined for pickleball.
There will also be a tennis tournament held that day, so we will be sharing the space. With all of these moving parts, we had to make some adjustments to the schedule. We tried to keep any times changes and the format to a minimum.
Here is the plan for Saturday:
- Men’s 4.0 and UP, Women’s 3.5 will STAY at 10:00 am.
TIME CHANGE ALERT! Men’s Below 4.0, Women’s 3.0 and Mixed Doubles 3.75 AND UP will all be held 1:00 pm.
TIME CHANGE ALERT! Mixed Doubles Below 3.75 will all be held at ATP starting at 4:30 pm.
We tried our very best to make as few changes as possible. We always try to minimize sitting and maximize playing the best we can. We are looking forward to a fun and competitive day of play!
- Enter the Around the Post entrance- west end of Westwood's parking lot
- Water ONLY permitted on all courts.
- There is one bathroom available at Around the Post, other bathrooms can be utilized on the Westwood end.
- Don't forget cash if you want to purchase tickets for the beautiful pickleball birdhouse raffle. See this post for pictures.
Thank you to BOTH venues for graciously accommodating our change from outdoor plans to indoor.