As promised, we are kicking off this year with something for everyone! Whether your play is social or competitive (or BOTH), check out these chances to play.
Reminder: Lakewood YMCA in Jamestown NY is hosting their annual "Snowflake Tournament on January 27 and 28. Registration closes SOON. CLICK HERE for more information.
NEW: EPPA is collaborating with Presque Isle Pickleball (3515 McClelland Ave) to run their FIRST shootout on Saturday, February 17 We know players from 5-105 (or close to those ages) can enjoy this sport. This shootout is covering both ends of the age range!
- Here are the details on the two divisions being offered. Registration is open NOW and closes on Monday, February 12:
Senior Division 55 and OLDER
ANY Team (mens doubles, womens doubles, mixed doubles)
- Pick your OWN partner
- Age minimum: 55 years old, no age maximum
- Divisions will be sorted based on age and skill level after the registration window closes
Example of draws could be: 55-65, 66 and up OR 55-65, 65- 70, 70+ (will all depend on who signs up)
- Start time will be 10 am- another division may be added at 1:00 pm based on the number of registrants
- If you are an older player playing with a younger player, you must play DOWN in age group. The younger player may NOT play up
- 16 teams max per start time
- Youth ages 10-14 years old with a mentor player (parent, older sibling, grandparent, neighbor, friend)
- ANY skill level
- The mentor registers him/herself and an EPPA representative will reach out to get the name of the youth player.
- The mentor pays a nominal fee of $15 and the youth player is FREE!
- If two youth want to play together, that is fine too! An adult just needs to respond to this email with BOTH players names
- If you know a youth who wants to play, but does NOT have a mentor to play with- respond to this email and we will get an EPPA member to play
- Need at least FOUR youth/mentor teams to run the division
- Start time will be in the window of 10 am- 2 pm depending on number of registrants
- Format will be determined depending on number of teams
More details on BOTH divisions and registration can be found HERE
If you want to see MANY of your EPPA friends who brought home the medals in the Around the Post Mens and Womens Doubles Shootout on January 21- click here
for full results. You might even see a certain EPPA VP rocking a medal in one of the pics!
Social (and competitive) Event
Does the cold weather have you down? Shake off those winter blues by signing up for EPPAs third annual "Soup-er Bowl" Party! It's the week before the Super Bowl (Feb. 4 5-8 pm), so your football free Sunday can now be occupied by pickleball.
We are using the courts at Around the Post (2660 Zuck Road) AND taking over multiple courts on the Westwood side to make this event HUGE! There will be NO soup making competition this year. Soups, salad, and sandwiches will be catered- please do not bring food. Just bring a change of shoes, a paddle, and your fun-loving self.
for all details and to sign up- to attend, you must be a current EPPA member.
Do you have a friend who wants to learn this sport? I think we all do. Have them come learn from trained instructors! Saturday, January 27 at Around the Post. 2:00-3:30 pm: from newbie to pickleball obsessed player in 90 minutes!
- Proceeds benefit dedicated EPPA member Brande Dietrich-McLean's fundraising efforts for Pancreatic Cancer Action Network in memory of her mother. Brande's full story can be read here.
- Send this link to anyone you know who wants to play: Learn to Play Clinic